FOR Elementary Division:
Please follow these instructions, which will help when compiling the questions submitted by various writers for the same book and add a level of standardization to the questions.
- Please do not use "Battle of the Books" or "BOB" in any of the questions.
- Don't use information from the title page, dedication, etc. Use only the actual text of the story. For picture books, use only repeated pictures that are essential to the story, not something obscure from an illustration. Please note the page number so others will be able to locate the source.
- Submit a variety of types of questions -- setting, plot, quotes, character descriptions, meaningful words, events, etc.
- Submit your top 15 questions per title. If more questions are needed, you will be contacted to see if you have any others.
- Go to the GoogleDocs Form and follow the instructions.
- Please proofread before you submit each question.
- Due date: October 1st of the year.
If you have any questions, please contact Cathy Retzer.
FOR Middle Division:
Please follow instructions from above and note the page number when composing 12-15 questions for each book. Go to the GoogleDoc Form. Enter your name, select the title, enter your question and page number. Press "Submit" after completing the form. The form only allows you to enter one question at a time. You will receive a page that allows you to "GO BACK TO FORM" to add additional questions. Due date: October 1st.
If you have any questions, please contact Diane Hilbrink.
FOR Senior Division
Here is a link to a document that has suggestions for writing questions for the senior division. Prepare 10-15 questions for each book. On the GoogleDoc Form, select the title, enter your name, question, and page. This form only allows you to write one question at a time. Press "Submit" after completing the form. You will then receive a page that allows you to "Go Back To Form" to submit additional questions. Due date: October 1st.
If you have any questions about the procedure, please contact Liz Bade