WEMTA encourages groups of members who have a common interest related to the mission of the Association to form a Special Interest Group (SIG).
Process for forming a SIG:
- A representative from the proposed SIG must present a petition with 20 or more signatures to the WEMTA Board.
- The Board must approve the formation of a planning group to develop a formal proposal to be presented to the Board.
- The planning group creates formal proposal to present to the Board for approval.
The formal proposal must include:
Rationale for the proposed SIG.
Proposed budget for activities
Proposed slate of Officers
Selection process of Officers.
- The Board acts on the final proposal and approves a budget.
Responsibilities of a SIG:
- The SIG is required to report the following to the Board:
Agendas and announcements of meetings
Meeting minutes within 30 days of approval
An annual report to include membership, a report of activities
- The SIG will submit annually a proposal for the upcoming year’s operational and activities expenses in accordance with the regular budget process.
- The SIG will be responsible for providing a minimum of one workshop or professional development offering at the annual conference.