Retired Special Interest Group (SIG)
This special interest group was created for WEMTA members who have retired from the field, yet wish to stay active in the organization. The types of activities the group will sponsor are varied, and members may participate in as many or as few of them as their time allows.
Proposed activities include:
• social events at conferences (field trips, tours, dinners)
• retirement planning sessions at conferences
• leisure activities sessions at conferences (photography, travel, art, crafts)
• field trips to educational and recreational sites around Wisconsin
• assisting with PET fund raising
• working with the legislative committee
• volunteering at the spring conference
The group is open to new ideas, and will strive to accommodate the needs of the members. The SIG was organized by Ralph Whiting, Chairperson, and assisted by Sherry Freiberg. If you have any questions regarding the Retired SIG or would like to become a member, please contact Ralph Whiting at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WEMTA membership is required if you wish to join a special interest group, but there is no additional fee to join the SIG. Note: Members no longer actively employed and drawing retirement and/or social security who have been members of the Association for at least three years prior to retirement may become retired members of WEMTA at a special annual membership fee of $25.