The Association through this award recognizes a WEMTA member who has demonstrated individual excellence in the library, media, or educational technology profession through service to students, teachers, and the community at the K-12 level. This award is intended to recognize outstanding leadership and professionalism.
Criteria for Nomination:
- The candidate must be an active member of the Association.
- The candidate must show leadership in instituting policies and practices, which result in the improvement of curriculum and instruction.
- The candidate must show a sustained effort toward worthy concepts of service.
Directions for Nominations:
- Complete the online Award Application form and send an email with PDF attachements by January15 to Peg Billing.
- One page letter of recommendation from the school district superintendent, building principal, or supervisor.
- A narrative, not to exceed three (3) pages, describing the following:
- His/her specific contribution to the concept of effective library, media, or educational technology services in your particular educational setting?
- Contrast the present level of services with the past.
- How his/her leadership and efforts are commendable.
- A chart or narrative describing the following aspects:
- List education and/or educational achievement of appicant, institution, and dates.
- List achievements of applicants, description of achievement, and dates.
- List leadership roles of applicant, description of role, and dates.
- Please submit all documents in PDF format.