Description of WEMTA Board Positions
The WEMTA Board shall consist of six (6) Officers and twelve (12) elected Directors with voting privileges. (Note: There may also be number of representatives of state agencies and affiliated organizations who serve as nonvoting members of the Board).
All Board Position Requirements:
1. Attend the four yearly board meetings (Sept., Dec., Feb., May) and Summer Retreat (2 days usually in late July)
2. Attend the annual WEMTA Conference (Responsible for own costs)
3. At completion of their term transfer materials and assist their successors in learning position responsibilities and transfer files to archives as outlined in the Appendix of the Policy and Procedures Manual which is located online
The Officers of the Association shall be President, Vice-President, President-Elect, Past-President, Secretary, and Treasurer.
All Officers shall: Carry out directions assigned to them by the Board and Executive Committee as well as those identified below.
- Serve as members of the Board and Executive Committee.
- Negotiate, present, and sign contracts.
- Maintain and submit official documents as outlined in the Appendix.
- At completion of their term transfer materials and assist their successors in learning position responsibilities and transfer files to archives as outlined in the Appendix.